Wednesday 28 December 2011

My status is rising


My main act of revolt is silence. I swear, as long as I live, never will say anything to Nick. That's my line, my religion, my new identity. That's who I am, the boy says nothing. Nick observes of course nothing. He strides past the courts and says something to me and I will not answer. He shrugs. But the other kids see that I give no answer. My status is rising.

One reason why Nick does not notice is that he is busy organizing a tournament which he juniors from across the country hopes to attract. Then I think a great idea, a new way to Nick rods. I tell one of his people that I know of someone in Vegas who would be cut for this tournament. He has incredible talent, I say. He always brings me into trouble when we play against each other.

What's his name?

Perry Rogers.

This is a real teaser. Nick's goal in life is to discover new stars and there are tournaments during show it off. New stars provide attention. New stars raising the status of the Bollettieri Academy and strengthen Nicks image as a leading tennis coach. And yes, a few days later, Perry received a ticket and a personal invitation to fly to Florida toernooi.Hij and take a taxi to the Bollettieri Academy. Once we see each other, we hug each other and grinning at the joke that with Nick tricks.

To whom should I play?

Murphy Jensen.

Oh no, but that's very good!

Do not worry. This is only a few days. Now let's party.

One of the many perks for the children who participate in the tournament, a trip to Busch Gardens in Tampa. The bus to the amusement park I bring Perry informed, on my public humiliation and how miserable I find the Bollettieri Academy. And at the Bradenton Academy. I say that I probably will drop. But he did not understand. For the first he understands my problem. He loves school. He dreams of a good college on the East Coast to go right and he wants to study.

I start on something else. I ask him about Jamie. She asked me to? What does she look like? She wears my ankle? I tell him that I had a special gift for Jamie wants to convey. Maybe something fun of Busch Gardens.

That would be nice.

We are less than ten minutes Busch Gardens or Perry sees a stall with all toys. On a high shelf sits a giant black and white panda, legs apart, with his red tongue out of his mouth.

André, you must give to Jamie!

Yes, but that is not for sale. You have to win the prize for that panda to get, and no one wins this game. It's a trick. And I do not like tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment